Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice offers a wide range of clinics and healthcare services:
Chronic Disease Management
Regular review for patients with the following conditions is encouraged
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Cervical Smears
- Family Planning
- Maternity Care – Mondays from 13:30. The midwife holds a weekly antenatal clinic to guide you through your pregnancy, prepare you for motherhood and promote good health for yourself and your baby. An information leaflet is available from the practice. If you are pregnant, you should make a first appointment with the midwife rather than your GP
- Child Health Checks – A health visitor gives expert advice on health, particularly for expectant mothers and children. They run child health clinics by appointment on the first and third Thursday morning of the month for new mothers and babies. Together with the doctor they run the child health surveillance programme. Immunisations are provided by the practice nurse and health visitor.
- Minor Surgery - Dr Gaskell carries out cryotherapy for warts and skin growths as well as joint injections.
- Counselling - There is a part time counsellor available through your GP or nurse. The counsellor provides 2 appointments on Thursday afternoons.
- Lifestyle Advice – including smoking, diet and exercise.
- Travel Vaccinations